Youths believed to have died of benzodiazepine overdose in ketamine powdered milk

 Youths believed to have died of benzodiazepine overdose in ketamine powdered milk

Royal Thai Police Toyota car. Photo: PA.



Excessive levels of a substance in the benzodiazepine family, formerly marketed as “Valium” but now called Diazepam, has been detected in the bodies of some of the young Thais who died after possibly using the drug cocktail “ketamine powdered milk”, or ketamine cocktail.

Justice Minister Somsak Thepsuthin said today that lab tests show about 200 milligrams of Diazepam, equivalent to about 100 sleeping pills, in their bodies, which is believed to have contributed to their deaths.

Full story: thaipbsworld.com

By Thai PBS World



TN

The main purpose of Thailand News is to offer our readers all news from the most popular and trusted newspapers in Thailand & Asia in one place.Get breaking news and the latest news headlines from Bangkok, Phuket, Pattaya, Chiang Mai, Northern Thailand, Isan, the insurgency-plagued South and Asia.

Related articles

Leave a Reply