Death raises questions about herbal supplements

 Death raises questions about herbal supplements

Thai herbal products. Image: Selena N. B. H. / Wikimedia Commons.



TRANG: The family of a 21-year-old woman who died after taking a Mucuna pruriens supplement, known locally as ma mui, has raised new questions about the safety of food supplements and the reliability of claims made to consumers.

Sataporn Panthong died on June 11 after taking four capsules of Indian Mucuna pruriens seed extract. She suffered an allergic reaction and was admitted to Trang Hospital, where she was pronounced dead shortly afterward.

Read more: Bangkok Post

METHEE MUANGKAEW
BANGKOK POST



TN

The main purpose of Thailand News is to offer our readers all news from the most popular and trusted newspapers in Thailand & Asia in one place.Get breaking news and the latest news headlines from Bangkok, Phuket, Pattaya, Chiang Mai, Northern Thailand, Isan, the insurgency-plagued South and Asia.

Related articles

Leave a Reply