Hospital room in Thailand

Phuket warning issued as man fights to save leg from flesh-eating bacteria

PHUKET: Doctors at Vachira Phuket Hospital have warned people to seek urgent medical attention if wounds from an animal, including pets, fail to heal after a man nearly had a leg amputated from a cat scratch.

The man, 63-year-old Veera Panthip, contracted the flesh-eating bacteria necrotizing fasciitis, which continued to spread, Hospital Director Dr Chalermpong Sukonthapon held a press conference yesterday (Jan 23).

Full story: thephuketnews.com

Eakkapop Thongtub

Facebook Notice for EU! You need to login to view and post FB Comments!
TN

The main purpose of Thailand News is to offer our readers all news from the most popular and trusted newspapers in Thailand & Asia in one place.

Get breaking news and the latest news headlines from Bangkok, Phuket, Pattaya, Chiang Mai, Northern Thailand, Isan, the insurgency-plagued South and Asia.

You May Also Like

More From Author

+ There are no comments

Add yours

Leave a Reply