A late night attack on the German consulate in northern Afghanistan left six people dead and many wounded, Germany’s Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier said Friday, adding that none of the staff were injured.
MOSCOW (Sputnik) — A suicide bomber rammed an explosives-laden truck into the walled compound in Mazar-i-Sharif late Thursday, dealing huge damage to the building and triggering a firefight between gunmen and security forces.
“My deepest condolences go to the relatives of the victims – six have been confirmed so far. Our thoughts are with the many casualties and wounded,” the minister told reporters in Berlin.
Full story: sputniknews.com