Tags : Short Circuit

North

One worker killed, two others injured in short circuit

Workers installing a streetlamp pole in Prachin Buri accidentally hit a high-voltage power cable on Wednesday evening, killing one of them and injuring two others. Police said the accident happened at 4.30pm in front of Wat Ban Song in Moo 1 village, Tambon Ya Naree, Kabin Buri district. Full story: The Nation By The NationRead More

Phuket

Short-circuit sets five-star Phuket hotel ablaze

A five-star hotel in Phuket caught fire yesterday morning, causing Bt10 million in losses, though nobody was injured. Police said the fire broke out at about 5am on the first floor of the three-storey wooden building, before spreading to the second and third floors of the Royal Phawadee Village Hotel on Patong Beach. Ten fire […]Read More

Bangkok

2nd Russian tourist dies from Thursday fire at Bangkok hotel

BANGKOK, March 10 – A second foreign tourist, a Russian man, died from Thurday night’s fire at Grand Park Avenue Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 22, according to the capital’s Kluaynamthai Hospital. Mr Asato Igor Badera’s death on Saturday morning was believed to result from smoke inhalation and lack of oxygen to the brain. Read more: MCOTRead More

Bangkok

Two foreigners die in Bangkok hotel fire

Two foreigners are reported to have died after a fire broke out at the Grand Mercure Park Avenue Hotel on Soi Sukhumvit 22 in Klong Toey district last night. The fire was reported around 9.40pm. Thong Lor police suspected the blaze started at a seminar room on the fifth floor of the 18-storey building before […]Read More

North

Fire engulfs 100-year-old teak wood temple in Ang Thong

BANGKOK, 5 March 2012 (NNT) – Fire broke out at Wat Pa Mok in Ang Thong last night, setting a 100-year-old teakwood living compound ablaze. No injuries or deaths were reported while the damage is estimated to be worth 10 million baht. Last night, police from Pa Mok station rushed to Wat Pa Mok in […]Read More