Wat Phu Khao Thong is an admirable 50-meter high Chedi located in Thung Phu Khao Thong about 2 kilometers outside Ayutthaya island in Thailand. Phukhao Thong, “golden mount” in English meaning, was built by King Ramesuan in 1387 during the Kingdom of Ayutthaya.
After the Burmese invasion King Burengnong of Burma built a a vast stupa in Burmese style next to the Buddhist temple of Wat Phu Khao Thong to commemorate the Burmese victory.
Once Thais had regained the city during the reign of King Boromakot, it was rebuilt in Thai-style.
-Thailand News (TN)