Thailand News

Breaking news headlines

Russian boy stung by box jellyfish in Samui island

1 min read
Box jellyfish over sand

Box jellyfish over sand. Photo: Peter Southwood.


A 2-year old Russian boy lost consciousness after he was stung by a box jellyfish as he was playing in the sea at Lamai beach in Koh Samui on Saturday.

It was reported that Mr Watcharin Kongmun, a rescue volunteer and a member of the jet ski club at Lamai beach rushed to the call for help from the victim’s parents and administered basic CPR until the boy regained consciousness before he was taken to Bangkok-Samui hospital for treatment.

Full story: thaipbs.or.th

Thai PBS


Leave a Reply

By using the site you agree and accept the terms of this Privacy and Cookies Policy. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close