Thailand News

Breaking news headlines

Elephant electrocuted by high voltage lines

1 min read
Wild Asian Elephant in Khao Yai

Wild Asian Elephant in Khao Yai. Image: Kawpodmd.


SURAT THANI — A male elephant was electrocuted when bamboo stems tangled high-voltage power transmission lines while he was browsing in Khian Sa district of this southern province on Monday.

Thanongchai Churak, 37, the elephant’s owner, said he tethered 24-year-old Phlai Singthong in a grove of bamboo to allow him to eat.

Full story: Bangkok Post

SUPAPONG CHAOLAN
BANGKOK POST


Leave a Reply

By using the site you agree and accept the terms of this Privacy and Cookies Policy. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close