Thailand News

Breaking news headlines

Thai students hospitalised after death cap stew

1 min read
Gamla Stan in Stockholm, Sweden

Gamla Stan, the old part of Stockholm, Sweden. Photo: Mariamichelle (Pixabay).


A group of language students from Thailand are recovering in a Swedish hospital after making a home cooked meal with poisonous mushrooms. Despite consulting a book about the dos and don’ts of mushroom picking in Sweden, the 10 students still proceeded to make the mistake of picking poisonous fungi, possibly including the potentially-deadly death cap mushrooms while foraging for their dinner.

“They could have died,” said Urban Safwenberg, at the emergency healthcare services in the Uppsala University Hospital. “As it could be a case of poisoning we have taken all 10 in for care. Early intervention can be decisive to prevent fatalities if it concerns a death cap or fly agaric mushroom,” added Safwenberg in an interview with broadcaster TV4 Nyherterna Uppsala.

Read more: IceNews

By Jens
IceNews


Leave a Reply

By using the site you agree and accept the terms of this Privacy and Cookies Policy. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close