Phuket braces for Monday shutdown
Saved under Phuket
Tags: Authorities, Bangkok, Phuket, Protest, Shut Down
Share This Post
PHUKET: Phuket Governor Maitri Inthusut today assured that the island’s authorities were well prepared to peacefully deal with a large protest planned for Monday in front of Provincial Hall.
The protest will be held at Sanam Chai field in Phuket Town, in line with the “Bangkok shutdown” being organized by the People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC), led by protest leader Suthep Thaugsuban.
Read more: The Phuket Gazette
You may also like
- 2010 Thai political protests: Soldier killed by friendly fire, court concludes
- Suthep vows to shutdown Bangkok indefinitely
- Bangkok shutdown plan to be announced in 1-2 days
- “Bangkok Shutdown” campaign rallies to begin on Sunday
- Most poll respondents worry economy will be hurt due to Bangkok shutdown: Poll