After India, Phuket Rohingya face deportation from Thailand
Saved under Phuket
Tags: Authorities, Boat, Deported, India, Koh Lone, Rohingya
PHUKET: The boatload of 91 Rohingya forced to land yesterday on Koh Lone, off the south end of Phuket, have been taken into custody and will face yet another deportation, this time from Thailand.
The group, who were forced to land on Koh Lone because their boat engine seized, told reporters they were taken into custody by Indian authorities on about January 26 and escorted out of Indian territorial waters on March 19.
Read more: The Phuket Gazette
You may also like
- More Rohingya Boatpeople Reported to be Sailing South
- Over 100 Rohingya people arrested in Phuket, ashore at Loan Island
- Rohingya boat people’s plight in focus as Thailand to deport 91 to Myanmar
- Thai authorities arrest 70 Rohingya packed in boat at Phuket
- More Rohingya refugees found adrift off Thailand’s coast