More than 5000 Rohingya have sneaked into Thailand
Saved under News
Tags: Arrest, Authorities, Illegal, Immigrants, Rohingya
Dithaporn Sasasamit, spokesperson for the Internal Security Operations Command (Isoc), said Thursday that up to 5,899 Rohingya migrants had sneaked into Thailand on 48 occasions since last October.
The Thai authorities have arrested 1,752 Rohingya migrants, of whom 1,442 were men and 310 women and children, and are undergoing legal procedure as per the 1979 Immigration Act.
Read more: The Nation
You may also like
- Rohingya migrants must leave Thailand: Foreign Minister
- Thai police detain 70 Rohingyas from Myanmar
- 102 Illegal immigrants arrested in Ranong as they cross Thai border to Malaysia
- Thai authorities arrest 35 Laos, 39 Cambodian illegal migrant labourers
- Fate of 2,000 Rohingya people in Thailand uncertain