Thai authorities arrest 70 Rohingya packed in boat at Phuket
Saved under Phuket
Tags: Arrest, Authorities, Boat, Koh Bon, Phuket, Rohingya
Share This Post
PHUKET, Jan 1 – Thai authorities inspected a boat floating at Koh Bon in the southern province of Phuket and found 70 Rohingya migrants after being informed that a suspicious boat was at the location.
Chalong Police Station Superintendent Pol Maj Kitipas Dejintrasorn, Rawai Mayor Aroon Sorot and other government officials hurried out to meet the boat off Rawai Beach in the provincial seat.
Read more: MCOT
You may also like
- Over 100 Rohingya people arrested in Phuket, ashore at Loan Island
- Phuket police detain over 60 ethnic Rohingyas after boat aground
- After India, Phuket Rohingya face deportation from Thailand
- More Phuket Boatpeople! About 68 Rohingya Land on Phuket in Two Groups
- Hundreds of Rohingya refugees offshore north of Phuket